Monday, May 21, 2012

Hemingway, McGinty and Puerto Rico

It has been a while since my last post. Lucky me, won our companies Sales Excellence trip this year! With the win came an all-expense paid trip to Puerto Rico. We just spent the last five days at the El Conquistador Resort drinking DonQ Rum, Madella Light Beer and eating some fantastic Puerto Rican food, all on the company’s dime. If you ever get to Puerto Rico, make sure you hit the local shack restaurants. They don't look like a place that you would want to eat, but the food is fantastic. I could get used to listening to the Coqui at night and having views like this during the day. Too bad it had to come to an end.






For some unknown reason while looking for books to read on the plane, I picked up Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises. For those that have not read the book I highly recommend it. While it not the type of book I would typically read, I did find it a great read. At one point in the book, Jake and Bill go on a trout fishing trip a week before the fiesta in Pamplona. While Jake was fishing with worms, Bill was using flies. His fly of choice is the McGinty. What better fly to tie when I got home?

Here is the McGinty. Looks like I am a little rusty. I really need to practice on my quill wings.




McGinty

McGinty
Hook: Mustad 3906B #6-12
Thread: Uni 8/0 Black
Body: Alternating Black and Yellow Chenille
Wing: White Tipped Mallard Quill

No comments:

Post a Comment