Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Michigan Fly Fishing App

One of my projects is finally done! Well, at least for the most part, it’s done. I have spent the last few weeks researching and building an app for Droid phones. For those that fish for trout here in Michigan or plan on visiting Michigan to fish for trout, this app can be of service to you! Currently it includes: The Michigan Hatch Chart, a detailed list of all Blue Ribbon Trout Streams as well as an GPS-enabled map. For people that want lake information, I included a detailed list and a GPS- enabled map of all Designated Trout Lakes. I also included Trout Identification and Licensing information. In the very near future I will be adding a list of all the fly shops in Michigan, flies specifically for Michigan waters and maybe a list of guides. If anybody has a list of vehicle spotting services I would be happy to add those also. This may not be the prettiest app at the dance, but what it lacks in beauty I believe it will make up for in functionality.

You can check out and download the app in the Google Play Store by following this link:

Michigan Trout Fishing App

If you can think of anything else to app please let me know.

Here are a few screen shots of the app:


2 comments:

  1. No Iphone!!!

    Good stuff dude. I would get it if it were an IPhone app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on creating a similar iPhone app. It's just going to take a little longer. I wish there was an easy way to convert the Droid app. From what I am finding I will have to recreate it for the iPhones.

    ReplyDelete