Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Two C's: Crowes and Caddis

One thing you will quickly notice is that I have an affinity for jam bands, blues guitar and a little bit of good ole rock and roll. Today while flipping through my CDs The Black Crowes War Paint screamed listen to me.  What a fantastic album.  While listening to Evergreen I started thinking about the caddis hatches on the Holy Waters. For those that have never fished the Main Branch of the Au Sable River the flies only section from  Burton's Landing to Wakeley Bridge is affectionately as the Holy Waters. In my opinion this is by far the best trout fishing in Michigan if not in the entire country. Throughout the summer from mid-afternoon until dusk there always seems to be some sort of caddis on the water.  For this reason I always carried a good selection of Elk Hair Caddis.


Elk Hair Caddis

Hook: Mustad 94840 #8-14
Thread: Uni 8/0 Color To Match Natural
Rib: Fine Copper or Gold Wire
Body: Rabbit Dubbing Color To Match Natural
Hackle: Brown or Ginger Palmered
Wing: Tan Elk Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment