Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hamming it up with JGB and the GRHE

So far life in the "closet" isn't so bad.  I get to kick back have a few beers, listen to some good tunes and tie a few flies. Last night it was an ice cold Hamm's, some Jerry Garcia Band while tying a few Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear Nymphs.  Every time I listen to the Jerry Garcia Band Live album I think about fishing the South Branch of the Au Sable river here in Michigan.  I never planned it but for some reason it was always in the CD player while driving through the Mason Tract.  Ah the memories.  I still chuckle when I think about the time I was near the chapel and every time a canoe full of loud drunks passed by they would flip over while every other canoe passed by with no problems.  I guess you shouldn't be loud and obnoxious when passing the Fisherman's Chapel.


Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear

Hook: Mustad 3906B #6-12
Thread: Brown Uni 8/0
Weight: Medium Lead Wire
Tail: Hare's Ear - Guard Hairs
Rib: Flat Gold Tinsel
Abdomen: Hare's Ear Fur
Wing Case: Oak Turkey Wing Quill Segment
Thorax: Hare's Ear Fur
Legs: Dubbing Picked Out in Thorax Area


No comments:

Post a Comment