Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just Phishing Around with Griffith's Gnats

Well today I made my first foray into "production" tying for the first time in a long time. I must have been inspired by the music.  As you can tell from the name of the post I was jamming to some Phish.  Their Live One is a classic.  I can listen to Chalk Dust Torture and  Slave to the Traffic Light over and over again. 

For my first foray in to production tying again I started out easy with the Griffith's Gnat.  This is one of my favorite searching flies.  It may be an easy fly to tie but it is very effective.  Especially on those beautiful brookies and small browns. 


Griffith's Gnat

Hook: Mustad 94840 #18-28
Thread: Uni 8/0 Black
Rib: Fine Gold Wire, Wrapped over Body and Hackle
Hackle: Grizzly Hackle, Palmered over Body
Body: Peacock Herl

No comments:

Post a Comment