Monday, January 23, 2012

True Love and the Woolly Bugger


It took a while but we finally decided that I can use one of our closets for my fly tying room. Pretty sad EHH.  (No I'm not a Yooper but I did play one for six years) OK so it's not really a closet but it is a pretty small room.  Laurie didn't want all my stuff out in the open for everybody to see and the grand kid to get into.  Can't say as I blame her.  Besides she graciously gave up one of her desks so I could use it for fly tying. So into the closet I go. 

Once the room was all set and all my materials in proper places it was time to take the plunge and tie few flies. But where to start?  There are so many patterns to choose from. AHH the good ole Woolly Bugger.  I guess that is a good of place to start again since that is where it all started in the first place.  Well I guess it is close to riding a bike.  What do you think?




Woolly Bugger
Hook: Mustad 79580 #6-12
Thread: Uni 8/0 Black
Weight: Medium Lead Wire
Tail: Black Marabou
Body: Black Chenille
Hackle: Black Hen or Rooster Palmered

For those who have not read Dave Ames' "True Love and the Woolly Bugger" you should check it out.  I can relate to a few of the stories.  Just like in the book, one of my fishing buddies Hommie and I have run into more than one beautiful naked lady while fly fishing. Sorry no pictures of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment