Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Must Be Crazy!!

I just took a look at the weather report for this weekend's opener!! I must be fricking crazy to be heading north! High of 51 on Saturday with a low of 26. Did I mention that I was camping in a TENT? Good thing I have a great sleeping bag and a heater for my tent. It is going to be a little chilly at night. I felt like I was packing for deer season with all the warm clothes I was packing. I even packed my Stormy Kromer just in case. I love my Kromer. It is by far the best winter hat I have owned and I wear it every day during the winter. If you want more information on the Stormy Kromers check out their website. They are made right here in Michigan and well worth every penny. I plan on picking up a blaze orange one for deer hunting this year.

Had to make sure I had enough streamers. Streamer fishing is not my strong point but if the weather turns out to be like the forecast, I guess I won't have much of a choice. Actually this is the reason I am still going despite the conditions. If the bugs are not hatching, it will force me out of my comfort zone. I am actually looking forward to ripping some streamers this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

I cannot believe that I just realized while writing this post that I didn't pack my copy of the Jerry Garcia Band Live. That would have been bad JuJu if I didn't take it with me. For some reason, this has always been my fly fishing album. While it is not the only album I will be taking with me to listen to while hovering over the campfire trying to keep warm, I am sure it will be played the most.

Well I am off until Monday. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment