Friday, February 24, 2012

More Pheasant Tales and Some Great Jerky

First snow storm of the season passed through last night and into today.  Perfect time to use a vacation day in my opinion.  Well that is until I saw that MDOT actually kept the roads clear the whole time.  My hats off to the men and women who kept the roads clear and safe for everybody.  Well I was planning on going to the Michigan Outdoorama Show after work anyways so why not go a little early while the crowds are still thin. Another great show as usual.  Thanks MUCC for putting on the show each year.  The biggest highlight of the show for me every year is the Deering's Jerky booth.  This place has in my opinion the best jerky on the planet and I consider myself a jerky snob. To my amazement this year they had Corned Beef Jerky.  Oly Wah this stuff is amazing. Who would have thought my favorite deli meat and jerky all in one!! I also picked myself some of their Cherry, Garlic and some Chicken Jerky for my wife. She would have killed me if I didn't get her the Chicken Jerky. They do ship their jerky anywhere so order some up.  You won't be disappointed.

Once home I had to check some of the forums I had posted on.  On the Flyfisherman.com board I had asked a question about everybodys favorite searching pattern.  One of the posters had said the Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle was their favorite. Since I plan on fishing a lot of soft hackles this summer I though why not tie up a few. Back goes in the Grateful Dead's Dick's Picks #24 again and off I go.


Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle

Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle

Thread: Uni 8/0 Brown
Thorax: Peacock Herl


No comments:

Post a Comment