Sunday, February 12, 2012

Organizational Skills

I just spent over four hours organizing the tying room/closet. Oly Wha what a task! (There goes the Yooper in me again) I think I needed better organizational skills before.  I mean seriously, do I really need six spools of white thread? What was I thinking? I only use white thread to tie flies for one hatch. Tan is just as bad but at least I use tan thread more often. If the thread wasn't bad enough, I think I have enough Microfibetts to supply even the biggest production tyer for a lifetime.

I wish the closet was big enough for me to take pictures of my hard work. Let's just say that peg board is a wonderful organizational tool. If you think about it all the tying materials we buy are on peg board in the fly shop. Why not do the same thing at home? The best addition in my opinion if the thread holder. I was about to pick one up at Joann's when I was there earlier however I'm glad I didn't. Walmart has the same thread organizer for half the price. Hopefully all this hard work makes my life easier in the future. If not I guess I will have to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment