Thursday, March 1, 2012

All Wet With Dr. Stan

For some reason or other I have really been into wet flies.  I have no idea why.  In the past I have fish mainly dry flies. Not because I am one of those dry fly snobs. It's just that I liked seeing the fish actually take the fly.  I know it not the most productive way to fly fish but I enjoyed it.  But for some reason I am wanting to fish a lot of wet flies right along side my dry flies.  So I better get tying up a few more wet flies besides just the soft hackles I have tied.  Well since the Hendrickson hatch is the first big hatch of the season here I guess that is a great place to start.

Now that I know what I want to tie what do I want to listen to.  How about a little live Moe.? Moe. is one of those bands that just knows how to jam.  OK now which album so I listen to?  AH yes Dr. Stan's Prescription Volume 1 should fit the bill nicely.  This album has several fantastic jams and even a nice little tease with the Grateful Dead's Turn on Your Love Light. With the tunes in the CD player and the materials all out lets get to a little tying.


Dark Hendrickson Wet Fly

Dark Hendrickson Wet Fly

Thread: Uni 8/0 Gray
Body: Muskrat Fur Dubbing
Hackle: Medium Dun Hackle - Collar Style

No comments:

Post a Comment