Monday, March 5, 2012

Porkie Chutes

I think I may be done tying soft hackles for a few days. Actually I know I have enough tied for this year at least. At least I hope so. It's been a while since I have thrown a fly so who knows.  Hopefully I don't lose offer too many sacrifices to the tree gods.  If I do I hope they are appreciative of my offerings and reward me in kind. Hopefully I don't offer up too many of these flies.

Tonight I broke out my McLean's Quill Body Material to tie up a few more Olive Parachutes. This time I was using curved scud hooks to use them as emergers and wanted to have a little more segmented look. If you have not used McLean's Quill Body you need to give it a shot.  From my understanding these are actually porcupine guard hairs and they make excellent quill bodies. Even my wife agrees that they make nice bodies. I know there will be a few nice fish caught on this little guy.



Quill Body Parachute Olive


Quill Body Parachute Olive

Thread: Uni 8/0 Olive
Hackle: Dun Hackle
Thorax: Olive Dubbing





No comments:

Post a Comment