Friday, March 16, 2012

Going a Little Furthur with the Adams Parachute

Looks like I am going to be going to see Furthur in July at the Meadow Brook Music Festival. I forgot to log on to the computer today right at 10:00 to get tickets.  When I finally remembered at 1:30 I was afraid they were going to be sold out. I got lucky and there were a few tickets left. I cannot wait.  I have been a Dead Head ever since my college roommate introduced me to them back in 1989. This will be my first time to see Furthur. Now I'm in the mood to hear some Dead music. So into the CD play goes the Grateful Dead's Dozin' at the Knick. This is one of my favorite Grateful Dead albums. I would have loved to be at the shows when this was recorded.

What to tie tonight? It looks like my boxes a light on Adams Parachutes so I better get working on them. This is a great pattern if you cannot figure out what is hatching. The trout seem to take this fly for any number of different hatches. It seems they clue in on the size instead of the color when it comes to an Adams.  Everybody should have several in their box. This fly can save the day and has for me several times.


Adams Parachute

Adams Parachute

Thread: Uni 8/0 Gray
Tail: Grizzly and Brown Hackle Fibers
Hackle: Grizzly and Brown Hackle

One note I should make. While the original calls for Grizzly and Brown hackle I tied these with Cree hackle. This is a great substitute for the mixing of grizzly and brown. If you are ever lucky enough to find on pick one up. It will be well worth the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment