Monday, March 19, 2012

Beading Around the New Fly Shop

Finally made it down to Ypsilanti to check out the newest fly shop in the area. Schultz Outfitters looks to be a great new shop.  I spent a little time talking to Mike the owner and he seems like a great guy and really knows his stuff. If you are in the area you should stop in and check out the shop.

While I was in the shop I had to pick up a few supplies. One of the things I did pick up was some more brass beads. Somehow I ran out of those and didn't replenish my stock before. Well now I have a few so I can tie up some Bead Head Pheasant Tail Nymphs. I have a feeling that the Pheasant Tails are going to be my go to fly this summer. Let's hope so because I have tied up a whole bunch of them in several styles, colors and sizes. I would hate to waste all that effort. The only style I hadn't tied yet were bead heads so now that my stock is replenished it's time to get down to tying a few.

Still on my Dead kick but which album to listen to tonight. AH I know Dick's Picks Volume 14.   A great set of shows recorded in 1973 in Boston, my favorite city outside of MI. From beginning to end this album is full of several great jams.


Bead Head Pheasant Tail Nymph

Bead Head Pheasant Tail Nymph

Thread: Uni 8/0 Brown
Tail/Body/Wing Case/Legs: Pheasant Tail Fibers
Thorax: Peacock Herl
Head: Brass Bead

No comments:

Post a Comment