Saturday, March 10, 2012

Midwest FlyFishing Expo

Just got home from the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo. It has been a while since I have attended the show and I was happy to see things haven't changed a bit. I won't bore you with the details but I was able to attend a few very informative workshops and demonstrations. The highlight for every red blooded American male in attendance were the workshops and demonstrations by April Vokey. All I can say is this young lady knows her stuff and knows how to put on a seminar. Her seminar on Swinging Flies for BC Steelhead was some very good information and I walked away learning a lot that I can use here in Michigan. I did feel sorry for her when she did her Learning to Fly Cast demonstration. I think the poor guy she chose to teach was more than a little nervous from either her presence or because of the large crowd. Either way he just couldn't get it. The second volunteer picked it up right away. I wonder if my wife will let me go back tomorrow to see the seminars I missed today?


April Vokey



Poor April



No comments:

Post a Comment