Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Little Black Caddis and Black Country Communion

While pouring over the hatch charts trying to figure out what I should tie tonight I kept looking at the hatch that has always had my number. For some reason I have not had any luck with the Little Black Caddis hatch on the Au Sable.  While there are many bugs on the water and trout rising everywhere, I have not had much luck. I can never seem to find that magic fly.  This year I am going to give Hans Weilenmann's CDC and Elk tied in black a try.  This fly has been a producer in tan and green so why not in black?  I'm still trying to figure out why I haven't tried them in black yet. This year I will give them a good shot.

I guess black was on my mind tonight because I really wanted to listen to some Black Country Communion. In my opinion this is by far the best super group to come out since Cream. Joe Bonamassa is a blues guitar master, add Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple and Black Sabbath) on bass and vocals, keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theatre, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper) and round that out with Jason Bonham on drums. Does it get any better than that? If you have not heard this band do yourself a big favor and check them out. Their new live album Live Over Europe is incredible. Hopefully they will tour the US with a stop in Detroit. 

I guess I should show what I tied tonight. With the action the CDC adds to this fly I know I will stick a few this year.


CDC and Elk Little Black Caddis

CDC and Elk Little Black Caddis

Thread: Uni 8/0 Black
Wing: Elk Hair Died Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment