Saturday, March 3, 2012

Synthetic Materials

What a fantastic day. Spent the day with my youngest daughter skiing up at Caberfae Peaks Resort. They had close eight inches of new snow by the time we arrived and another four inches while we were skiing.  Talk about excellent conditions.  This was my first time to Caberfae and I don't think it will be my last. For Michigan it is a very good resort at a great price. 

So yesterday I was tying up some more Pheasant Tail Wet Flies and I decided to tie a few up using some Arizona Synthetic Peacock and Pheasant Tail dubbing I had laying around. Sometimes tying the natural materials like pheasant tail and peacock can be a pain. I don't know how many times I have broken a quill by hitting it on the hook point. Very frustrating to say the least. This stuff actually looks very nice and very similar to the natural materials. Not identical but very similar. Hopefully I can find more of this stuff when I run out. This will make tying Royal Coachman's and Royal Wulff's much easier. I wonder what the fish will think.

 

Synthetic Material Pheasant Tail Wet Fly



No comments:

Post a Comment